general strike on March 4th
Category Archives: Events
On Wednesday November 18th, the UC Regents will be voting on tuition increases for students for 32% (~$2500). Check out the ‘resources’ page (several of the websites are full of information) on the aforementioned site for more information on this.
At UC Santa Cruz, students will be meeting on Wednesday at noon in the Quarry Plaza to rally, then “shutdown campus”! The group organizing this event is trying to show the Regents and UCOP the consequences of the budget cuts & tuition increases… a university without students.
You can also sign the petition at ucstrike.com
For details of the events check out indybay
General Assembly, 1pm Saturday, Science & Engineering Library!
Friday, November 13, we take back our library.
1pm – Potluck and Discussion
4pm – Study-in begins
join us on facebook. Join us for the study-in at the Science & Engineering Library and educate yourself about the budget issues that this university faces.
RALLY- May 26- BASE @ Noon
PLEASE SUPPORT THIS ACTION>>>>MORE TO COME!
Student of Color Collective Demands
- Hire full time AIRC (American Indian Resource Center) and WC (Women’s Center) directors with student voice inhiring process
- Permanent Chancellor funding for Engaging Education (e^2)
- Maintain the integrity and current structure of the Community Studies program by keeping the field study coordinators and staff
- Retain two LALS professors Guillermo Delgado and Susan Jonas
- Institutionalized Scholarships and other resources for AB 540 students
- Make UCSC a Sanctuary Campus
- Pass the Federal DREAM Act
- Access and affordability to higher education for underrepresented communities- STOP STUDENT FEE HIKES!
- Permanent funding for Ethnic Year -End Ceremonies from college C.A.O.s and Provosts
- Outreach and Retention of Faculty and Staff of color
- Fill Asian American ‘Specialist’ Position for American Studies
- Movement towards an Ethnic Studies Program
- Ethnic representation in administrative positions that reflect the demographics of California
- Maintain respectable relationships with Local Tribes
- Equitable rent prices for Family Student Housing
- Affordable and quality housing for students of color and AB540 students
- Fair, transparent negotiations with workers and unions to ensure equitable pay, working conditions, and representation. NO lay-offs!!! NO worker deportations by ICE
Week of April 26 – May 1
Know Your Rights Community Forum – 6 to 8pm @ Resource Center for Non-Violence (515 Broadway, Santa Cruz)
Walkout II – Noon @ Quarry Plaza
Teach-out – Noon @ Quarry Plaza
Friday – May Day
International Worker’s Day March and Celebration – 12:30pm @ Quarry Plaza
-12:30pm: Rally, Speeches & Performances in UCSC’s Quarry Plaza
-2:00pm: March from UCSC to downtown Santa Cruz
-4:00pm: CELEBRATION with folks from the community at the Beach Flats Park